I was so overwhelmed with gratitude to learn that I was nominated for ‘The Mystery Blogger Award’. The nomination came from a fellow blogger, the awesome Anna from My Tenacious Life. I was reading her recent blog post, outlining her nomination and fist pumping with excitement for her, she is such a fantastic writer!. Anyway, I continued reading her post and was shocked to see that she has nominated me for the award also!!. Please check out her site at http://www.mytenaciouslife.com/ and read some of her work. She is very down to earth, funny and writes about her son who has ADHD and other topics also.
WHAT IS A MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
Gaining recognition and a loyal following in the blogging world can be quite difficult. There are a lot of us out there 😊.This amazing award was created by Okoto Enigma. You can find visit Okoto’s blog at http://www.okotoenigmasblog.com
Some of the strict requirements for receiving a nomination are:
o The nominee has to have a blog of ingenious (creative) nature.
o Posts created by the nominated blogger are meant to inspire and motivate.
o Bloggers find love, fun and inspiration in the words they create on their blog.
o These bloggers are one of the best out there, waiting to be discovered.
Okoto created the Mystery Blogger Award to recognize new aspiring bloggers and she understands how hard it can be to gain a following and get recognized. How amazing is she??!!
WHAT ARE THE MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD RULES?
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6. Nominate bloggers
7. Notify your nominees
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny question
9. Share links to your best posts
THREE FACTS ABOUT ME
Pursuant to the Mystery Blogger Rules, here are three facts about me:
1. I love writing my blog and find it has been very therapeutic for me. It is just shy of a year since I lost my mum to cancer and as you can imagine I am heartbroken. My mum was my best friend as well as my mum and was so supportive of our family. I miss her companionship, the sound of her voice, all the time we used to spend together, her advice which I was always seeking and pretty much everything about her. This past year has been the most difficult of my life and writing this blog has helped me immensely. I feel that it has given me a purpose in life other than just being a slave to my family.
2. My husband and I were blessed with 5 children. Our first set of twins are 8 years old and are fraternal boy/girl twins. Our next child was a beautiful little boy named William who grew his angel wings on the day of his birth. Needless to say, this was devastating. We were then extremely surprised to fall pregnant with another set of twins!!. This time we had two girls. There are 4.5 years between each set of twins.
3. The ‘theme’ of my blog, The Perfectly Imperfect Mummy, is celebrating motherhood done in all different ways. I most definitely identify with the ‘Bad Mum’ brigade, I love these women. I am very down to earth and rather than write instructional pieces, I share stories from my day to day life of raising two sets of twins whilst grieving for my beloved mum. I attempt to do this in a humorous way and hope others can relate to me.
MY NOMINATIONS FOR THE MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD
The bloggers I have nominated have all resonated with me in some way, whether it be their writing style, their humour, their life story or what they stand for. Some of these bloggers I have written guest pieces for and they have also reciprocated. These 10 are definitely my favourites.
1. Every Day with Ma: http://everydaywithma.com/
2. Trial By Storm: https://trialbystorm.com/
3. Pee Wee Toms: www.peeweetoms.com/
4. Sleep While The Baby Sleeps: www.sleepwhilethebabysleeps.com/
5. Written in Waikiki: www.writteninwaiki.com/
6. withlovefromp: www.withlovefromp.com
7. Our Mama Village: http://ourmamavillage.com
8. Popitha: www.popitha.com
9. Hey Pandi: http://www.heypandi.com
10. Far Kew: www.farkewemporium.com
LINKS TO MY BEST POSTS ON MY BLOG:
QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES FROM ANNA AT MY TENACIOUS LIFE:
1. What long term goals do you have for your blog?
I plan to continue writing my blog and hopefully improving my writing and story-telling skills and growing my following. Whilst writing my blog and raising my family, I am also undertaking a course in Professional Writing and Editing so this could take me in a couple of different directions. I would love to write a book, if I could find the time!! 😊
2. Who is the person you would want to spend one hour with and what would you ask them?
Without a second’s hesitation, that person would be my mum. I would give my arms and legs to be able to spend another hour with her. During my grieving period, I have been seeking to educate myself on the afterlife, alternative therapies, crystals, reiki etc. I would ask her what happens to our souls once our physical body dies and just soak up every second with her.
3. What is the biggest challenge you face with blogging?
I am very time poor. I am a full time SAHM, the 8-year olds go to school and the 3-year olds are home with me. Between caring for the 3-year olds (who are extremely demanding!!), the 8-year olds when they get home, doing all the fun stuff like housework, cooking, cleaning etc. and also keeping up with my coursework, I have very little time to write but I am full of ideas. Most of the time I sacrifice sleep time to write and hate myself for it the next day when I am grumpy and tired!.
4. If you could be a comedian for a day who would you be and why?.
I would be Amy Schumer, I think she is absolutely hilarious and I have seen all of her movies. I love how she is an average woman like the majority of us and not a glamourous skinny celebrity type. She has faults and she is not afraid to show them, she actually takes the mickey out of herself quite often and is so down to earth. I gravitate towards people who are very honest, straight forward and down to earth.
5. Do you plan to write an ebook or course some day and if so, what would it be?
Never say never, but at this stage my answer to that question would be no. I am not an instructional writer, I don’t teach or preach anything with my writing. I am a story-teller, my blog posts are all just stories from day to day life. I would like to do something further with my writing but definitely don’t feel qualified at this point in time to write an ebook or a course.
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
1. Is your blog combined to one niche?, if so do you see yourself changing or expanding this in the future?.
2. What is your favourite book and why?.
3. Do you have a set blogging technique?, do you set aside time to write each day or do you just wait for the inspiration?
4. Do you plan to blog long-term and would you like to expand on your writing (a book, and ebook etc?)
5. What would your ideal day entail without family responsibilities, schooling, jobs etc. How would you spend it?
Thanks so much for reading everyone, I am beyond honoured and very humbled and would like to thank all of you lovely people who follow me and humour me by reading my posts 🙂